Buying the perfect floor jack is a tedious job. As there are tons of options nowadays, finding the right one can be quite hectic. But that doesn’t mean you should grab the first floor jack you see on the shelves.
We have gone through several floor jack models and reviewed 5 options as the best 4 ton floor jack based on alloy steel frame, ASME 2014 safety standards, fast lift technology, premium swivel casters, and other paramount factors.
The service jack you’ll see here are royalties of the mech industry, no kidding! So, without wasting your precious time, let’s dive into the reviews right away!
Jump To Contents
- What Are The Best 4-Ton Floor Jacks?
- Detail Reviews of Best 4 Ton Floor Jacks
- 1. Best Overall: Torin AT84007NB Hydraulic Low Profile Floor Jack
- 2. Runner Up: BIG RED AT84007R 4 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack
- 3. Best for Maneuverability: TCE AT84007U 4 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack
- 4. Best Premium: Daytona 4 ton Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack
- 5. Best American Made: AFF 400SS 4 Ton Dual Pump Floor Jack
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
What Are The Best 4-Ton Floor Jacks?
Don’t have enough time to read through all the details? In that case, just take a glance over each jack review, and understand their potential.
“This Torin AT84007NB floor jack is an excellent machine to meet the demands of any car enthusiast out there. It is packed with innovative features, allows fine adjustments, and comes with an affordable price tag, That’s why it has earned the top place in our list.”
“Known for their high quality products, Big Red never ceases to surprise their customers. Advanced features and top notch built quality of this service jack guarantees high durability within an inexpensive price tag. It is ideal for low profile vehicles. If you are seeking more than that, then you’ll have to go for alien tech.”
“Maneuverability is highly sought after in floor jacks. Weighing only 95 lbs. you can carry this with you anywhere you go. The light yet strong alloy steel construction frame makes it the perfect lightweight jack in its class. A set of rear and swivel casters give this floor jack a 360 degree motion freedom.”
“If you want to spend your hard-earned money on something worthwhile, you have got to choose Daytona 4 ton heavy duty floor jack. Its compact size allows it to lift low profile vehicles easily. Moreover, a high-end build ensures it’ll last you a lifetime.”
“This all American floor jack is the best pick if you’re looking for a sturdy design with elegance. It comes with a dual piston pump and a height extender lifting arm, allowing you to repair high pickup trucks, off-road SUVs, and also lowered vehicles.”
Detail Reviews of Best 4 Ton Floor Jacks
After extensive research, we made this list of floor jacks with a wide price range and features to help you choose the right 4 ton floor jack that will serve your needs.
1. Best Overall: Torin AT84007NB Hydraulic Low Profile Floor Jack
- Material: Alloy steel
- Weight capacity: 4 tons (8960lbs)
- Maximum lift range: 20 inches (50.8cms)
- Item weight: 43.63kgs (96.2lbs)
- Dimension: 31.2 x 15.8 x 7.9 inches
- Vehicle Service Type: Truck (class 1, class 2a), heavy/medium SUVs
While using at home or in a garage, regardless of the circumstances this is one of the best floor jack choices for you. Industrial-quality alloy steel frame, high lift to weight ratio, ASME safety standards are some of the reasons why Torin floor jack is at the top of our list.
Firstly, let’s talk about the conveniences this floor jack offers us. The twin hydraulic system in this model makes your work faster and easier. This fast lifting technology makes it almost 5 times more efficient than a regular single piston 4 ton floor jack.
From changing your truck's tires to inspecting the brake fluids of your car, this gadget always comes in handy. With Torin’s impressive 4 ton lifting capability, you can quite easily use it for industrial as well as general purposes.
Overloading any machine can lead to serious workplace hazards. Luckily, the bright designers at Torin came up with a brilliant solution to this problem. This low profile floor jack comes with a built-in overload safety mechanism ensuring that you’ll never run into any problems while changing your tires!
In order to give you the most control, the floor jack offers a maximum lift range of 3-7/8inch to 20inch (inches). The Torin jack is equipped with two 360 degrees rear mounted swivel casters along with hardened two large steel casters, thus the floor jack allows you a hassle-free work experience.
If safety is your number 1 priority, then this is one of the best floor jacks for you. The Torin jack passes the ASME safety standards with flying colors.
As for the floor jack itself, it has heavy duty steel construction, providing outstanding durability. This means you can use it for your day-to-day as well as industrial use without having to worry about breakage.
Lastly, the large rubber padding this floor jack features will protect the paint or other coated chassis area. This feature will surely put your heart at ease, knowing you will never accidentally scratch the paint.
- Dual piston pump ensures faster operation
- Built-in safety feature to prevent overloading
- ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) certified
- Powder coated anti-rust body
- Large jack stands provide more stability whilst using
- Exceeding load capacity may cause fluid leak (oil). But there is nothing to worry about as you can easily fix the jack following some simple steps.
- Retraction is not entirely smooth
2. Runner Up: BIG RED AT84007R 4 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack
- Material: Alloy steel
- Load capacity: 4 tons (8960lbs)
- Maximum lifting range: 20 inches (50.8cms)
- Item weight: 45.72kgs (100.8lbs)
- Dimension: 7.9 x 15.8 x 31.2 inches
- Vehicle service type: Truck (class 1, class 2a), heavy/medium SUVs
Big Red is one of the most reputable garage tool builders in the world. And this 4 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack from Big Red is an excellent demonstration of their perfection!
Even though it’s filled with advanced features, this 4 ton heavy duty floor jack doesn’t cost nearly as much as you’d expect. So, if you want something that’s worth every penny, then this is the best pick for you.
The best thing about this low-profile floor jack is, that it’s versatile. You can use it for changing tires, checking brake fluids, and even making minor engine repairs.
We know maneuverability is the prime concern when choosing a low profile floor jack. The rear mounted swivel casters together with two large steel casters, allow it to move freely.
This top-tier floor jack comes with a safety bypass feature, ensuring you don’t mistakenly overload the jack, which could lead to fatal accidents.
Big Red never compromises with built quality. Hence, you will notice a significant difference when using it. The heavy-duty industrial grade alloy steel construction in this floor jack can withstand heavy loads.
It is equipped with a universal joint technology for smooth and mess-free descent. This sweet thing is also designed to lift hefty SUVs as well as four-wheeler trucks.
Equipped with dual hydraulic piston, this floor jack can easily lift vehicles at 5 times the normal speed with half the effort. Long handlebar offers greater leverage. So, you don’t have to think twice before pumping this floor jack.
Despite being loaded with high-tech features, it also has a 1-year limited warranty. Yes, you might think we’re exaggerating, but it’s the truth!
- Dual piston and large swivel caster make it easy to use
- 5 times more efficient thanks to fast lifting technology
- Maximum lift can be achieved using extended jack stands
- Large saddle prevents scratches
- Comfortable foam handle bumper
- Steel bearing balls could catch rust
- Bleeding the floor jack piston is hard
3. Best for Maneuverability: TCE AT84007U 4 Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack
- Material: Alloy steel
- Load capacity: 4 tons
- Maximum lifting range: 20 inches
- Item weight: 108lbs
- Dimension: 28.6inch x 13.5inch x 3.8inch
- Vehicle service type: Off-road trucks, medium SUVs
If you’re concerned with maneuverability, then this is the perfect choice for you. Equipped with a pair of large steel casters, this floor jack can easily be moved. Furthermore, it is also packed with 2 swivel casters for 360 degree freedom.
Built using heavy alloy steel, this hydraulic garage floor jack is suited for both industrial and general use. It features an impressive 4 ton capacity, meaning this floor jack can easily lift your heavy truck.
Dual piston pump makes it 5 times more efficient to lift heavy cars compared to a single pump garage floor jack. The jack is one of the top-notch jacks for SUVs and heavy cars.
This low profile floor jack features a lifting range of 3⅞ inches to 20 inches, allowing easy access under low profile vehicles. Moreover, the large stance provides extra stability while in use.
Overloading hydraulic floor jacks is one of the main reasons why they break prematurely. To prevent accidents, Daytona heavy duty floor jack features a safety overload prevention technology. Attached tool tray in the chassis can be used for storing nuts, bolts, and wrenches.
This is a convenient feature, wouldn’t you say?
Safety should be the No.1 priority in any work environment. That’s why the TCE brand takes extra care with its product assembly and builds quality. It checks out all the safety measure boxes and meets ASME standards.
- Made with lightweight heavy duty steel alloy
- Compact, low profile floor jack offers greater maneuverability
- Removable rubber saddle and adjustable jack stands
- Two piece handle makes storing easier
- High-quality lifting mechanism makes lifting more efficient
- Doesn’t have safety valve
- Doesn’t have anti-corrosive paint job
4. Best Premium: Daytona 4 ton Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack
- Material: Alloy steel
- Weight capacity: 4 tons (8690lbs)
- Maximum lift rang: 20.25 inches (51.43 cms)
- Item weight: 45.35kgs (100.5lbs)
- Vehicle service type: Car, SUV, medium truck
This Daytona heavy duty floor jack got our attention for its 360-degree maneuverability, compactness, high-quality alloy body, and user convenience. In short, it offers every premium feature you could possibly think of.
Daytona jack comes with a powerful dual hydraulic piston technology that helps with faster lifting. Moreover, it can easily lift most heavy workloads in just 3 ½ pumps.
From low-height vehicles to heavy SUVs and trucks, you can lift them all up safely thanks to its 4-ton capacity and a height range of 4.25-20.54 inches.
If you wish to lift more, you can simply attach an arm extender. Its extended lift arm can raise your car up to 2½ feet with ease, and the advanced release valve will make sure the car descents smoothly.
Mobility is another attractive feature of this product. The ball bearing premium rear swivel casters allow 360-degree maneuverability. Also, the rotating rubber jack saddle adapts quickly to lift loads.
The robustness and longevity of this jack can’t be questioned because of its sustainable design and heavy-duty alloy steel build. It can easily withstand weight and pressure up 8 thousand pounds.
It’s also corrosion resistant, thanks to an industrial grade powder coat. So, feel free to put this through heavy work because it will never catch rust!
- Heavy duty steel construction body is suitable for cars, SUV, trucks
- Charged powder coat prevents paint chipping and rust
- 4 ½ inch minimum height ideal for lowered vehicles
- Foam handle bumper ensures comfortable pumps
- Comes with an arm extender for taller vehicles
- Carrying it can be difficult due to heavy chassis
- Pressure seals or safety valves could blow out after extensive use
5. Best American Made: AFF 400SS 4 Ton Dual Pump Floor Jack
- Material: Heavy duty industrial steel
- Lift capacity: 4 tons (8960lbs)
- Maximum range: 21 inches (51.2cms)
- Item weight: 47.62kgs (105lbs)
- Dimension: 34 x 16 x 8 inches
- Vehicle service type: Cars, light SUVs
American made products are always appreciated by users because they are the best in terms of build-quality, sturdiness, easy application, and features.
For most users, safety is always the prime concern. AFF brand has made this jack using industrial grade alloy steel and finest materials, so you can be sure of its reliability.
If this isn’t enough for you, then the floor jack features a safety bypass mechanism too, that prevents overloading. It won’t let the jack lift any more weight if overloaded, and this creates a safer work environment for you. Working with this jack isn’t only safe but convenient as well.
This jack works perfectly for most average height cars, but if you want to work on something bigger, then this machine can reach the maximum height of roughly 22 inches.
Getting under low profile vehicles can be troublesome. Thanks to this 4 inch low profile floor jack, repairing your car will be much easier.
The pinned and padded saddle provides excellent lift as well as vehicle safety. The 360 rotating saddle will let you find the perfect positioning without hassle.
Hydraulic floor jack that is put under heavier loads must be stable while operating. A wider base allows this jack to be stable and prevents sinking on softer surfaces.
Storage management is an integral part of maintaining an organized garage. AFF brand made their jack using a 2 piece handle. This helps with easy pumping, efficient storing, and positioning.
- High pressure plunger and high grade U-cups offers maximum range
- Flanged side plates and jack stands allows for more stability
- Universal joint technology ensures better controlled descent
- Meets ASME 2014 standards
- Storing is easy thanks to compact design and collapsible handle
- Exceeding over load capacity may rupture safety valve.
- Swivel casters and wheels bearings easily catch rust
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change oil in the floor jack?
Firstly, place the jack on a workbench, and check for leakages. Then, loosen the valve screw by turning it counter-clockwise.
Don’t forget to place a drain pan to catch all the fluid spills. Drain the fluid and put the jack up to its original position.
Now, fill the tank with premium hydraulic fluid recommended by the manufacturer. Do not overfill the tank.
How to fix stiff wheels?
If the swivel casters are not turning properly, then they probably have rusted.
In this case, we recommend using some lubrication to reduce the friction in the ball bearing. Be sure to use a premium lubricant as cheap ones can damage the metal even more.
Is it necessary to change the hydraulic fluid?
Changing the hydraulic fluid is necessary in order to keep the machine running smoothly. Even the tiniest particle or impurity can fault the jack. This could induce premature failure including rust and corrosion.
How to store properly?
Proper storage is a critical component of proper maintenance. Be sure to wipe any dirt off the body before storing it.
Release all the pressure in the system.
When putting away, you should always ensure that the jack is in an upright position. This will prevent oil leak.
How do you lower the jack?
Slowly turn the jack handle in counter-clockwise motion to release the pressure. This disengages the hydraulic valves and drains the fluid, allowing the vehicle to come down.
Here is the step by step instructions of lowering the hydraulic floor jack properly to prevent any kinds damages.
Always remember to buy the right tool for the right application. You can use a single floor jack for almost any vehicle. That said, there’s also no reason to spend a hysterical amount on a floor jack with features you’ll never use.
We believe this article has helped you in finding the best 4 ton floor jack. Now that you know the best jacks in the market get out there, and grab the jack that best suits your needs!