If you've ever owned an RV, you know how important it is to have a solid jack. If something like that breaks down when on the road, then your plans can be shot for the day. We know how important it is to have the right tools to do your job, whether you're a road warrior traveling in an RV or just someone who enjoys a weekend away from home. That's why we bring to you the best scissor jack for rv.
You're in the market for a new set of scissor jacks for your RV. But with so many to choose from, how do you know which type is best? We've researched and analyzed and found the four best scissor jacks, which we'll discuss in detail below.
Jump To Contents
- What Are The Best Scissor Jacks For RV?
- In-Depth Reviews of The Best Scissor Jacks For RV
- Significant FAQs
- Final Verdict
What Are The Best Scissor Jacks For RV?
"This jack can take 7,500 lbs. load and comes with a comprehensive kit for easy installation, and its power drill will help you lift or lower it quickly. Plus, its auto, and manual stabilizers provide extra stability when you need it most. You'll get overall all the advantages from it."
"It features a compact, convenient design which allows you to store it easily when not in use. This jack has a load capacity of 5,000 lbs. making it ideal for stabilizing your RV while parked. It comes in multiple sizes and two-pack bundles, so you can purchase the one that perfectly fits your needs. And it is a heavy-duty scissor jack that is easy to use and install."
"This is perfect for truck campers, trailers, and RVs that come at a low price. It features a super stabilizer that keeps it steady and stable and a reinforced base for more excellent stability on all surfaces. It expands from 4" to 24" in height and can hold up to 5000lbs."
"This jack can be easily bolted onto the floor of your rig, and its permanent mount design provides utmost stability. The black powder coat makes it look dashing over the years, while its pre-drilled mounting holes make setup easy."
In-Depth Reviews of The Best Scissor Jacks For RV
1. Best Overall: Set 4 LIBRA 26060 Stabilizer Scissor Jack
When you're driving down the road, and your car gets a flat tire, you have to get it fixed as soon as possible. This is where the LIBRA 26060 Jack comes in! It's the best scissor jacks for RVs for emergency situations, as it can be installed almost anywhere on your vehicle.
1. Heavy-duty made from steel: The LIBRA 4 is the heavy duty scissor jack for RV with the highest capacity in the market, able to lift over 7500 lbs. This jack is built to last with heavy 11ga steel. It will back you up wherever you go for a prolonged time.
2. Comprehensive kit: It comes with a comprehensive kit that includes all installation tools, making it super convenient. It consists of 16 pieces of 3/8-inches mounting screws, a matching 9/16-inches socket, an 11/36-inches mounting hole drill bit, and one set of drilling guide stickers. You'll find it convenient during installation using the kit.
3. Power drill: The power drill makes it easier for you to raise or lower the jack faster than others, reducing accidental spills and other damage. It includes four steel jacks, one crank handle, and a 3/4" hex magnetic socket.
4. The capacity of 7500 lbs: Every LIBRA 26060 Stabilizer Leveling scissor jack has the capacity of lifting your vehicle up to 7500 lbs. It relieves you from heavy lifting when changing a flat tire or working on your car.
Its extended height is 24-inches, retracted height is 5-inches, retracted length is 26-inches, and width is 7.5-inches.
5. Automatic and manual stabilizer Jack: And if you're worried about getting stuck using only one side at a time, don't worry! This unique heavy-duty scissor jack comes with a high-quality powder-coated automatic stabilizer option as well as an easy-to-use manual stabilizer option. You'll never have to worry about getting stuck again with this jack by your side.
What Are The Good Sides?
- With the 11ga heavy-duty steel construction, you can be sure that this product will last for years to come.
- Comes with a comprehensive kit with everything you need to get the installation done quickly and easily.
- Its power drill makes it easy for you to get the job done quickly and with minimal effort.
- The capacity of 7500 lbs. means that this scissor jack can handle even the heaviest loads with ease.
- The automatic and manual stabilizer Jack ensures that your load is always stable and secure.
What Are The Bad Sides?
- The scissor jack for RV from the Libra brand cannot be used for lifting vehicles or changing vehicles' timescales.
- Its base is not so broad, which can become an issue for some people.
2. Best Simple to Use: Eaz-Lift RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack
We all love things getting done simply. What if we give you a scissor jack for an RV that can handle all the challenges yet is effortless to use? Well, then get yourself the Eaz-Lift RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack.
1. Heavy Duty Steel construction: This jack is made from heavy-duty steel construction, making it very durable and long-lasting. Moreover, these jacks are powder-coated to resist corrosion, making them look great even after years of use.
2. Compact with 5,000 lbs. load capacity: Eaz-Lift RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack has a reasonably compact dimension of 5.63-inches x 31.72-inches x 12.6-inches. You can go wrong if you judge it by its size, as it is designed with a load capacity of up to 5,000 lbs. to stabilize large vehicles like trucks, RVs, and campers quickly.
3. Available in Multiple Sizes: The best part about this scissor jack from the Eaz-Lift is that you can choose from the multiple sizes available. No compromises with size as it is known in 20-inches (model 48800), 24-inches (model 48820), and 30-inches (model 48840) heights to allow for different uses.
4. Two-Pack Bundles: It can be easily said that the Eaz-Lift RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack is packed with consumer-friendly features. Our statement is backed up by its two-pack bundles, and you will surely be happy to know that it comes in a set of two-pack bundles.
5. Adjustable height with a collapsible frame: The height is adjustable, making it perfect for leveling your RV. The frame is also collapsible, making it easy for you to store and transport. Eaz-Lift's Scissor Jacks are user-friendly and can be adjusted from 4 3/8-inches to 29 ¾-inches high.
What Makes it Special?
- Heavy Duty Steel construction means this jack can handle any load you need to get onto your truck or trailer
- The compact size makes it too easy for you to store and transport, even when not in use.
- Available in multiple sizes to help you handle different types of vehicles
- Two-Pack Bundles so you can choose the perfect ramp for your needs
- Adjust the height to fit your needs with the adjustable height
What Are Not The Ideal?
- The Jack lacks slightly in sturdiness
- Reportedly installing this jack is quite challenging
3. Best Budget: Stromberg Carlson JSC24IND RV Scissor Jack
Your objective is to keep your RV level fixed, but the price can sometimes hold you back, which is unpleasant. The Stromberg Carlson JSC24IND RV Scissor Jack is designed for those on a tight budget. Unlike the cheap ones on the market, this scissor jack for RV fits precisely and is even lined up with the mounting holes on the trailer.
1. Expands from 4" to 24" in height: The height is adjustable, making it perfect for leveling your RV. The frame is also collapsible, making it easy for you to store and transport. Eaz-Lift's Scissor Jacks are user-friendly and can be adjusted from 4 3/8-inches to 29 ¾-inches high.
2. Holds up to 5000lbs: This scissor jack can hold up to 5000lbs of weight. That means you can use it for anything from leveling out your RV's wheels to lifting your motorcycle into the air for cleaning.
3. The base sits well on surfaces: You can use them on concrete pads, garage floors, driveways, lawns, and dirt paths. The bowtie base provides an excellent footprint to distribute weight evenly across the surface while also providing extra stability and ensuring that the jack stays put.
4. Super stabilizer: The super stabilizer makes sure that no matter what height you're at or how much weight you're lifting, this jack will stay steady and stable. When using this handy tool, you never have to worry about getting caught in an awkward position with a shaky base.
What Makes it Exceptional?
- The ability to expand from 4" to 24" in height gives you the much-needed versatility for working on different vehicles.
- The jack can hold up to 5000lbs, making it a reliable option for heavy-duty work.
- It remains stable owing to its bowtie base that sits well on different types of surfaces
- You will get several options from this jack, allowing you to select the one that best suits your needs.
- The super stabilizer ensures maximum stability and safety when using the jack.
What Are the Drawbacks:
- It doesn't integrate any handle, which might cause some difficulty
- This jack doesn't provide mounting hardware
4. Best Heavy Duty: Quick Products QP-RVJ-S24 RV Leveling Jack
Here’s another scissor jack that can make you go wow with its heavy-duty aesthetic. This one is pretty robust that ensures you durability and strength. For which, it is capable of dealing with heavyweight work too.
1. Permanent-mount design: This leveling scissor is a permanent-mount design that lowers down to stabilize and level your RV at the campsite. It has a maximum capacity of 5,000 lbs. so it can support even the heaviest RVs. Its maximum height is 24-inches, while the retracted height is just 4-inches.
2. Pre-Drilled mounting holes: It also comes with mounting holes (pre drilled ones) and mounting slots (10mm or 3/8") in case you want to mount it under your RV permanently. You thus will find it pretty effortless to install and use.
3. Stabilizer Jack mounts: When stabilizing and leveling the RV is your priority, this scissor jack for RV proves to be the best. It has a stabilizer jack mounted to the underside of your RV and can be lowered down to provide stability and leveling of the RV at the campsite. It also includes one 30-inches Max RV Stabilizing and Leveling Scissor Jack.
4. Black powder coat: The QP-RVJ-S24RV Leveling Scissor is also appealing, with a black powder-coat finish that makes it stand out wherever it goes. It's a beast with beauty.
What We Liked?
- Its extra stable design ensures that you work safely with it without any accidents and injuries
- Comes with pre-drilled mounting holes for the ease of installation
- You can keep your equipment safe and secure while it's not in use owing to its stabilizer jack mounts
- The black powder coat finish makes sure that your scissor lift remains in good look and shape for a long time
What We Didn't Like?
- You cannot use it for lifting purposes
- Reportedly the raising and lowering bolt is wonky
What is the exact use of a scissor jack for RV?
One of the most valuable items in an RV is a scissor jack. It's what allows you to elevate your car high enough to go under it, replace a tire, or simply park higher than usual. But there's a lot more to it. You can elevate your car high enough to fit a utility trailer underneath it, and you can also replace a tire in a tight position, like on a steep hillside. It also helps create a flat platform for setting up camp or doing repairs.
Where does the Stabilizer scissor jack for RV fit?
The stabilizer jacks for RVs usually fit near all four corners of an RV. Some longer RVs have an additional stabilizer jack found in the middle. This provides more stability and a comfortable experience when using an RV.
What are the differences between a stabilizer jack and a leveling jack?
Both jacks are used to stabilize RVs. But there are some similarities and dissimilarities between them. Check out this article to learn more about the two jacks.
How much weight can you put on the scissor jack for RV?
The answer depends on which model you choose and what kind of material it's made out of. If you have a lighter-duty scissor jack, it will likely be able to handle about 3,000 lbs. However, if you have a heavier-duty scissor jack like our top pick, then you'll be able to take from 5,000 lbs. to 7,500 lbs. off the ground.
Keeping our RVs in tip-top condition is just as important as keeping our houses in tip-top shape. Proper support and regular maintenance are the keys to a trouble-free ride. Our editors have sorted through countless options to find the best scissor jack for rv available today, making it easier than ever to get your RV at peak performance.
You can select any of the above scissor jacks for your vehicle. The final call entirely depends on your budget and other technical specifications.
Related Jacks Reviews:
- Top 5 Bottle Jacks For RV